And this one is the same picture but with snow falling. It snowed pretty much all day Friday, not sure how many inches we ended up getting. Lately, I've had trouble with losing my work key in the side pocket of my purse between business cards, not good when it's cold outside and my hands are usually full. So when I ran across this fabric key chain tutorial, I knew I had to make it. Now I have one place for all 3 of my keys! I made two, one for me and one for my Etsy.
My nemesis: the brown zebra print curtains. This was a very frustrating project, but in the end, it all worked out okay after several major and minor glitches. I have decided that I prefer to work with fabric one yard at a time. One of the reasons this task felt so daunting was the amount of fabric I had to work with. I had to clean my floor before I could get started so that I could do my pinning and ironing on the hard wood floors. I was really glad that we had these otherwise I don't know what I would have done. I made these lined so that they would have a more finished look and somehow my measurements for my lining fabric came out 2 inches short, so i had to hurdle that obstacle.
The second panel definitely went smoother than the first, so I think in the future should i decide to make these type of curtains again, I could do it more smoothly. But it will be a while before I decide to tackle curtains again, at least curtains this big.
The shears, which are also zebra print, I bought at Target. My friend Karlie has them in her house, and I couldn't resist added them to mine.