Friday, October 17, 2008

My New Sewing Machine & First Completed Project

A couple of weeks before my birthday Bernina had a good sale on their sewing machines, so I bought myself an early birthday present. It stayed in the box for 3 or 4 weeks before I had time to get it out and enjoy it. Here's my first completed project using my new sewing machine.
This is a diaper bag that I made for the Assistant Manager that I had at Bank of America. The pattern that I used was for a purse the size of the patterned fabric at the bottom and I added the solid black on top to extend it into a larger bag.
I added 5 pockets to the inside. Two large ones and three smaller ones.This is the matching make-up looking bag that I made for the Mommy-to-be.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Great work on the bag. I particularly like the fabric you used. What model Bernina did you buy and are you enjoying it? I was trying to figure out how to get one here and bring it back to you. Sorry I missed your birthday. Sounds like you had a great day!

~holly said...

omgoodness. i really love the bag. i love that it's a diaper bag but totally does not look like one! the shape is really cool. good job.

ya, i want to know what kind of machine you got too.

Jennie said...

The bag turned out really cute! I bet she l-o-v-e-d it.

alisha said...

WOW! That is awesome! Great fabric, and great bag! What mom wouldn't want that diaper bag to carry around! :)

Cassie J said...

LOVE the bag, the colors and the shape are super cute! I like the makeup bag too. Did you use a pattern for that or wing it? Glad you like the new machine, I'm going to test drive a used Bernina next weekend that is for sale at a reduced rate. Very excited!

Decah said...

Great job on the bags. They are really cute. Glad you are enjoying your new sewing machine. I hope to get familiar with mine this winter while I am in home.