Sunday, January 2, 2011

Revamped Dresser

I bought this dresser for $30 off of Craigslist. It was being kept in a storage facility so I think the owner was happy to get rid of it, and I was happy to bring it home with me. :)
She is solid wood with dove tail joints. She had a few rough spots, but not too many compared to other pieces that I have bought before.I decided that I wanted to try my hand at staining this go around, so I decided to try out the "pottery barn" look that I have been seeing more and more on Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Friday.
Here is the final product. I think Josh is really happy with how it turned out. Every time he passes it he says, "Dear, your dresser looks REALLY good!" After the 4th time of hearing that, I began to wonder if was he doubting my mad crafting skills. : ) I am really in love with the final look. After I stained the top of the dresser, I had to just stand back and stare at it for a good minute becuase the stained top turned out so pretty.
I painted the bottom of the dresser with Antique White Valspar from Lowes. I was able to use the oil based primer and paint that I used on my china cabinet that I did this summer so I had no expense in paint! I also already had the Strip-Ease for stripping the top of the dresser.
I purchased English Chestnut Minwax stain and Wipe on Poly for the top, and I purchased a dark bronze Rustoleom spray paint and I already had the white primer for the knobs and handles.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

This looks awesome!!!

Jennie said...

Turned out really good.

~holly said...

wow. really good job!

alisha said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Kim @ Second Time Furniture said...

I agree with your husband~ it looks amazing! I really love how it turned out! :)