I bought this dresser for $30 off of Craigslist. It was being kept in a storage facility so I think the owner was happy to get rid of it, and I was happy to bring it home with me. :)
She is solid wood with dove tail joints. She had a few rough spots, but not too many compared to other pieces that I have bought before.I decided that I wanted to try my hand at staining this go around, so I decided to try out the "pottery barn" look that I have been seeing more and more on Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Friday.
Here is the final product. I think Josh is really happy with how it turned out. Every time he passes it he says, "Dear, your dresser looks REALLY good!" After the 4th time of hearing that, I began to wonder if was he doubting my mad crafting skills. : ) I am really in love with the final look. After I stained the top of the dresser, I had to just stand back and stare at it for a good minute becuase the stained top turned out so pretty.
I painted the bottom of the dresser with Antique White Valspar from Lowes. I was able to use the oil based primer and paint that I used on my china cabinet that I did this summer so I had no expense in paint! I also already had the Strip-Ease for stripping the top of the dresser.