Sunday, August 29, 2010

Flower Pots Given New Life, Finished Flowerbed, Chair Given New Life, & Finished Purse

My flower pots that I painted two summers ago (on the left and right) started shedding their paint, so I gave them a new look along with the middle metal container that I purchased at a garage sale for $1.00. : ) I love cheap garage sale finds!

Don't those look so much better. Does anyone know how I can keep my pink hydrangea blooms from turning green like that?
Drum roll please...
Ta-Duh! Here's the completed flowerbed mulched without weeds! I was amazed at the difference the mulch made visually. I didn't expect it to make that big of a difference. It also made a big difference on flower growth and weed and grass control. Josh and I pulled all of the weeds and grass out of the flowerbed before we put down the thick layer of mulch, and I've only had to pull less than a handfull of weeds. My flowers started multiplying and increasing the number of blooms as well.
Do you remember this beauty that I posted a while back?
Well she's finally got her new lease on life too. Here's the new her:
I'm kind of proud of how my first re-upholstry job turned out. It took me a little while, but I really like how it turned out. This is going to be my new craft chair as soon as I get Lance, the mail man to sturdy her frame up with a few additional screws.And last but not least, I FINALLY tackled finishing the purse that I started on my Family Girl's Trip over Memorial Day weekend. It is complete with a inside zipper pocket and magnetic snap. This was my first time to do both a zipper pocket and a magnetic snap, and both were alot easier to install than I had anticipated. The magnetic snap was a little pricier than I expected though.

This Simplicity Pattern (2685) was super easy pattern. I would highly recommend it, and it has another cute purse pattern that I intend on trying out at some point. : )

Happy Crafting!