Saturday, July 12, 2008

4th of July weekend

This past weekend was a pretty eventful weekend around our house. Friday morning, Josh and I began working on replacing our flowerbed edging. We chose an 8”x 8” cobble stone rock. We only had enough time to start one side of the flower bed. Below is a picture of the progress that we made:

That afternoon, our friends Kyle and Kayce arrived from Tulsa to celebrate the holiday with us. This is the 3rd year that we have spent the holiday together watching fireworks in Edmond. We had a good time grilling steaks for dinner and then watching the fireworks afterwards. Here are some pictures from that:



And a video of the Grand Finale:


Saturday, I finished up 1 side of the flower bed and worked on assembling the cubes for my desk. Josh helped me pick out wood and hardware for making a desktop and shelf to complete my desk. We actually assembled the desk on Sunday here’s a few pictures of my new scrapbook haven:



I'll try to post some better pictures after I get it all filled up.
All in all I think it was a fairly productive weekend. Hopefully today we will be able to finish up outlining the flower bed. Stay tuned for more exciting posts coming soon...this was an eventful week. : )Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Loved the fireworks finale, especially since we didn't go see fireworks this year. Sounds like you both have been busy little birds building your nest. Ahh, do you like my metaphor. I worked hard on that. Hey, one question, does the scrapbook room have a bed in it? what about when company comes to visit?