Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Year, A New Beginning...

I have received several requests to hear more about my new job, which I mentioned in passing in my last post.

Starting Friday I will be working for Sunbeam Family Services as a Senior Accountant. I am very excited about becoming apart of Sunbeam. It is a non-profit organization that has programs for young kids and senior citizens. Some of their childhood programs include: various foster care programs, early head start, which is a daycare program, and counseling services. For senior citizens, they provide a mentoring program for those living at home that could use some assistance and a shelter for those being abused. Their web address is www.sunbeamfamilyservices.org if you would like to go read more about it.

The thing that excites me most about my new job is that I will be working for a cause; I will be apart of an organization that is doing so much good. It's not about the money, it's not about tracking your charge hours (for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, charge hours are the time that you spend working on a client), and it's not a ton of hours. I should be working about 40 hours a week, which I am also really looking forward to. I won't be working weekends, which means I won't be confined to the OKC metro during my traditional and sporadic busy seasons so I can see my family as often as I want!

I think it's going to be a good change for me, and I know that Josh is looking forward to it too. He won't have to lose me for months at a time anymore. : )

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I think that your new job sounds fantastic on several diffferent levels. What a great cause aned organization to know that you are helping. It will also be good to have time at home to do some of the things that you enjoy and spend time with your family. I really do wish you the best in your new opportunity. Keep us posted on how it's going (you know, now that you will have more time!)

Cassie J said...

Hooray, sounds like a wonderful new career venture!